1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 9, 2011 2:41 PM by Rick Gerard

Finding the correct render size and output

David Rolla Wright

Hey guys,

I took a project in After Effects after having some experience in the past with it, and haven't had any problems up until the most crucial part. I am using AE CS5, and am making a 1.5 minute highlight video for a company event. This video will be played on a large screen in a 100 person conference room by an employee's Windows laptop with limited video software. The file I want to output has to be fairly small and in a very accessible file format.

They want me to output it for Windows Media Player, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get from A to B. I can output in .mov format fine, but the file is way too big. The client will accept .mov, but I would be looking at a file that is 1 gig or more, which is unacceptable. I do not know the right compression to use with Adobe Media Encoder or After Effects to get to where I need to be, and this thing has a deadline.

Bottom Line: I need a 1.5 minute video from After Effects in .wmv, .mov, or .avi rendered in a couple hundred mbs or less. How can I do this with Mac Adobe CS Master Suite? Thanks in advance for any help.