4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2011 7:54 PM by Adam-C

Flash Textbox bug

murali_kumar

I am using Flash CS5 Classic input Text box  for typing in Director.

Flash Published Player Version:10

check in Projector

Ctrl+A (select all)
      Ctrl+C(copy selected text)
      Ctrl+V(paste)
      not working

In Director 11.5.8

Flash Published Player Version:9

These controls are working

• 1. Re: Flash Textbox bug
          jonathanrcarter

did you get any response elsewhere because I have a similar problem

• 2. Re: Flash Textbox bug
            Adam-C Level 2

It's a new bug that they introduced in 11.5.9. I have had exactly the same problem. Thankfully, in most places that you would use a Flash Texbox component you can also use a basic Director text member instead without any major difference in functionality, yet the Director text member will recognise the edit shortcuts.

• 3. Re: Flash Textbox bug
              jonathanrcarter Level 1

Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

I am actualy using a Director text member and the shortcuts work everywhere apart from Win7 IE9. 

Have you tested the Director shortcuts in this environment yet?

• 4. Re: Flash Textbox bug
                Adam-C Level 2

Have you tested the Director shortcuts in this environment yet?

No, but it doesn't surprise me that there's yet another bug. It really is shocking that a piece of software that costs so much can be so shoddily programmed and so riddled with bugs. And for every bug they fix they introduce a whole bunch of new ones. Absolute travesty!

Are you using Flash Text Box components, or an embedded SWF containing text boxes / fields? If the latter then the edit shortcut bug still exists, but can be worked around by capturing the paste key commands in Director and calling a custom function in Flash that inserts the text into the field. You can use Director's pasteClipboardInto() method to paste the contents of the clipboard into a text member, and then pass this text from the member to the SWF function.

The BuddyApi Xtra also has a method for accessing the contents of the clipboard, but it only works properly with ASCII text (despite the Xtra being Director 11+ compatible)