What happens if you just click outside the text box on the stage or the area surrounding the stage?
Could you post the steps to reproduce the issue staring with a new blank flash file?
Hi there Chuck,
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm still not exactly sure what might be going on, but I'll give a couple things a try.
Create a fla file with a simple tlf text object on the stage, and also a symbol containing a text object. Here are the behaviors you should see with each:
Simple tlf text object on stage:
- Click once to select
- Double click to edit
- Click outside bounding box to finish editing
- No "breadcrumb trail" will appear at the top of the document window
Symbol containing a tlf text symbol:
- Click once to select the symbol
- Double click symbol to edit symbol (or choose right-click > edit in place. This puts you in symbol edit mode. But you will still have to double-click the text object within the symbol to edit the text
- When in symbol edit mode, you will see the breadcrumb trail and the left arrow active at the top of the document window
- When in symbol edit mode you still have to double-click the text object to begin editing it.
- When in symbol edit mode, clicking on a blank part of the stage will finish editing the text object, but you will still be editing the symbol
- To finish editing the symbol, double click a blank part of the stage or click the next higher level of the breadcrumb trail or click the left arrow which should be active.
Let me know if you are seeing behavior that is different from this, and if so, please do provide steps to reproduce for someone starting with a new blank flash file.