4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2011 3:40 PM by Peter Spier

Placing more than one file in a document

nicmayle73

I have created a document and setup a master for the page layout.  I have place one word file into the document, and it follows the layout on the master.  I am now trying to place a second file into the document, but it isn't following the master layout.  Help!

• 1. Re: Placing more than one file in a document
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You need to tell us a whole lot more.

Start with version of ID, and if it's fully patched, and your OS.

Are you using Master text frames? What  EXACTLY are you doing when you place the second file? Have you overridden a frame?

Some screen shots might help. You can embed a screen capture in your post by using the camera icon on the web page:

CameraIcon.png

• 2. Re: Placing more than one file in a document
            nicmayle73 Level 1

Peter,

thanks, I'm very new with ID.  It is version CS5.5.  What I have is an ID document setup with Master Text frames and 100 pages.  I imported and placed a word document into the ID document.  I now want to import and place a second word document to follow the first in the ID document.  When I placed the first document, it "fit" right into the pages in the format I had setup in the Master for the pages.  When I now place the 2nd, it doesn' do the same...

I hope this helps you help me

• 3. Re: Placing more than one file in a document

I don't quite know what you mean by "it doesn't do the same." What does it do?  In order for us to help you, you need to provide as clear a description of what you are doing and what is happening as you possibly can. We're pretty good at reading between the lines, but we're not clairvoyant.

Are you trying to continue in the same story thread, or is this a new thread? Do you get a new loaded cursor? If so, where are you clicking with it? are you clicking on any thype of guide?

• 4. Re: Placing more than one file in a document

And if you haven't already done it, update to the 7.5.1 patch.