7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2011 9:32 AM by Bernd Alheit

Can't pdf save documents from Firefox 6.0.2

allanhobbs

I have windows XP sp3 + all updates, Firefox 6.0.2 and Adobe Reader X (10.1.0).

When I download a document from the web and use the Adobe Reader options to save the document to disk I get the following error message.

"The Disk you were saving to or the Disk used for Temporary files is  full.  Free some space on this disk and try again, or save to a  different disk."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but get same result. My other PC's have same setup and work okay.

If I open a document with Adove Reader and save as it works, so it seem to be associated with the Firefox plugin.

Regards

Allan

• 1. Re: Can't pdf save documents from Firefox 6.0.2
          fbaikal

Hi Allan

I am sorry I cannot answer your question since I have encountered exacly the same problem.

Same setting:  XP sp3 + all updates and Adobe Reader X (10.1.0). I updated Adobe Reader to 10.1 when the problem had appeared, before I had 10.0.

The problem appears with all my browsers (IE 8, FF 6.0, Opera 11.51). It started the 7th September 2011.

Before I obviously had a Trojan Virus which Bit Defender detected an blocked. The system appears to be clean now.

I cleaned my PC with "Datenträgerbereinigung" and CC and defragmented the hard-disk. It did not help.

By the way: I have 124 GB of free disk space on my 153 GB harddisk...

Thanks in advance to anybody helping us to solve the problem.

Regards

Franziska

• 2. Re: Can't pdf save documents from Firefox 6.0.2
            allanhobbs Level 1

Hi Franziska

I'm not exactly sure when it started with me but I think since the update to Adobe Reader X (10.1.0).  I have been getting around the problem by clicking File > Save Page as - within Firefox and it save the page okay.  The only issue is that it redownloads the pdf file.

I have not had any Virus' or such in this time. My disk also has pleanty of space - 139Gb free.  I have not tried other browsers at this stage.

I also hope someone can help

Regards

Allan

• 3. Re: Can't pdf save documents from Firefox 6.0.2
              Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              I have been getting around the problem by clicking File > Save Page as - within Firefox and it save the page okay.  The only issue is that it redownloads the pdf file.

Use File > Save As > PDF... in Adobe Reader X.

• 4. Re: Can't pdf save documents from Firefox 6.0.2
                allanhobbs Level 1

Hi Bernd

This is okay in the normal program but not from within the browser.

• 5. Re: Can't pdf save documents from Firefox 6.0.2

I use it in both cases.

• 6. Re: Can't pdf save documents from Firefox 6.0.2
                    fbaikal Level 1

Thanks to Bernd and Allan

"Save as" from within the browser is ok. However it is not the most convenient method.

I've deinstalled Adobe Reader X and deleted all the remaining files from a previous version (8) which had obviously not been cleared correctly, and cleaned the hard disk including registry keys with CCleaner. Then I've reinstalled Adobe Reader X. The problem remains

I understand that there are several problems with Acrobat Reader X in all sorts of browsers. Saving is one of them, but also opening pdf-files from within a browser may cause problems (I had this from time to time). See also the following threads in this forum:

- thomas.croonen "can't save PDF from Internet Explorer embedded Adobe Reader", first posted on March 6, discussion still active

- fonduekid "Adobe Reader X - Firefox integration Problem", first posted on November 23, 2010, dito

Thus I wonder whether Acrobat has planned the fixing of these problems (even for old Windows systems like XP) or whether we have to cope with the inconveniences. And I am surprised that there is no official answer by Acrobat to this obviously quite common problem.

Bye,

Franziska

• 7. Re: Can't pdf save documents from Firefox 6.0.2
                      Thus I wonder whether Acrobat has planned the fixing of these problems (even for old Windows systems like XP) or whether we have to cope with the inconveniences. And I am surprised that there is no official answer by Acrobat to this obviously quite common problem.

Info:

Acrobat is a software product of the company Adobe.