3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 1:39 AM by Eugene Tyson

Rounding up decimal prices - GREP ?

Jaime de Vos Level 1

As you can see, I'm not quite sure how to phrase this question, so I translated it rather literally from Dutch. But I digress...

I'm currently working on a price list for our sales organisation, and they've given me prices that are formatted as shown below.

What I need to do is find two decimal numbers, remove them and round up the price, or when the decimal numbers are ",00", then I merely need to remove the ",00".

Is there a GREP or Script that can help me out with this, because I really shudder at the thought of having the redo all those prices.

Example:

€ 10.762,50

€ 11.812,50

Need to look like this;

€ 10.763

€ 11.813

Alternatively, numbers that are formatted like this,

€ 10.300,00

Need to look lis this;

€ 10.300

I hope I explained my problem in a clear manner. If I haven't, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Thanks in advance, everyone.

• 1. Re: Rounding up decimal prices - GREP ?
          peter minneapolis Level 4

Jaime de Vos wrote:

As you can see, I'm not quite sure how to phrase this question, so I translated it rather literally from Dutch. But I digress...

I'm currently working on a price list for our sales organisation, and they've given me prices that are formatted as shown below.

What I need to do is find two decimal numbers, remove them and round up the price, or when the decimal numbers are ",00", then I merely need to remove the ",00".

Is there a GREP or Script that can help me out with this, because I really shudder at the thought of having the redo all those prices.

Example:

€ 10.762,50

€ 11.812,50

Need to look like this;

€ 10.763

€ 11.813

Alternatively, numbers that are formatted like this,

€ 10.300,00

Need to look lis this;

€ 10.300

I hope I explained my problem in a clear manner. If I haven't, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Thanks in advance, everyone.

I don't know if GREP can do this.

Search Google for terms like "indesign round numbers script" without quotes for some leads.

Also, dtptools.com's Active Tables plug-in for InDesign works like a spreadsheet, so you can define formats and formulas for cells. There's a ROUND function. I'm not sure there's a numeric display format that supresses the decimal point and trailing zeros. You can experiment with the trial, or ask their tech support - it's very prompt, allowing for time differences across the globe.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

• 2. Re: Rounding up decimal prices - GREP ?
            Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No you can't do this with GREP.

• 3. Re: Rounding up decimal prices - GREP ?
              Jaime de Vos Level 1

Thanks for that, I'll look into the script functions.