1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 6:45 AM by Steve Grisetti

Menu for PrE trouble

Zack Pierce

I have premiere elements 7 and I am putting together a video of a wedding and I want to make a menu that just has a play buttom that goes to the wedding. I didnt have any templates for that so I have put a text box that says "play" and added menu markers at the begining and end of the word "play". But I could not  make the word an actual link to the wedding clip.

Does anyone have any tips on how to create a simple menu?

• 1. Re: Menu for PrE trouble
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There's more to a DVD menu than just creating a graphic with the word "play" on it, Zack. A template is actually a very complicated, multi-level PSD file.

In fact, it's wisest to work with an existing template and modify it rather than trying to create one from scratch. In Premiere Elements, you can take an existing menu template and change the background image, change the fonts on the text links and even customize the color and positions of the scene links on the menu page.

If you need help doing this, I take you through the process, step by step, in my books:

http://Muvipix.com/pe9.php

In my "Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements" combined book, I even walk you through the process of custom-creating your own templates, of you're interested.