2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2011 4:37 AM by thomasjv

Pictures and needed pc performance

thomasjv Level 1

Hi there,

I have two questions:

For the first I read a lot about the needed pc performance, as you need at least quad core or i7 procesor. I Have a Intel Duo Core procesor T5900 2.20 GHZ, 4GB RAM, and Premiere Elements 9 works quite well - it's a bit slow here and there and when I put a lot of effects (sound, video, second sound, second video, subtituls) on on eplace over eachother, it doesn't properly show anymore the result, but still it is working. So I kind of don't understand why it is needed to have a better pc (I'm thinking of buying a better one...). The video I'm editing is AVCHD fullhd. Thanks...

The second; I tried to input some photos, and often you see a vid made of photos which are all the time zoomed in or zoomed out to some point, which makes the video with photos a lot more interesting. Is there a way to do this with Premiere Elements?

Thanks a lot anyone who can answer, Thomas Vertelman

• 1. Re: Pictures and needed pc performance
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Watch for red lines above the clips on your timeline. As those red lines appear (usually when you add effects and titles but also when you add video that your project isn't properly set up to edit) you need to render your timeline. As I explain in my book, rendering creates a temporary finished video which is uses in place of your effected clips.

To render, press Enter. When the timeline is rendered, the red lines will turn green and your computer should return to stellar performance.

As for panning and zooming on photos, there are a number of ways to do it. The program comes with a number of Preset movements. There is also an easy-to-use motion path creator built into the Organizer's slideshow creator.

But you're best to create custom movements using a process called keyframing. In my books, I dedicate an entire chapter to showing you how to do this, step by step. You can also download my free PDF article from Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com. Just type "basic keyframing" into the product search box to locate it.

• 2. Re: Pictures and needed pc performance
            thomasjv Level 1

Thanks!! works well...