1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 11:00 PM by Rick Gerard

Parenting Adjustment Layers with Distort Effects. The effect doesn't move at all??

motionman1

I am have a 3D layer, a picture of a lightbulb and am trying to parent an adjustment layer with a bulge distort effect on it. I have an expression on the bulb layer to make the bulb sway slightly back and forth. When I parent the adjustment layer to the bulb. the bulge effect doesn't move and all and stays locked in its current position. I know this has to be possible!!! PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Chris

• 1. Re: Parenting Adjustment Layers with Distort Effects. The effect doesn't move at all??
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have three options. Apply the Bulge filter to the lightbulb layer.

Another option is to tie the Bulge Center to the Lightbulb layer with a simple expression. If you tie the Bulge position to the Light Bulb layer with an expression then you'll have to get fancy to enable animation of the bulb layer in Z but x and y position animation will be no problem. The expression:

thisComp.layer("Light Bulb").position;

The third option would be to keep the bulb and the adjustment layer 2D and pre-compose them. You'd then make the pre-comp a 3D layer, do not collapse transformations and animate the position of the Pre-comp.