8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2011 6:09 AM by Sergio_User

Problem with Blackmagic DeckLink HD Extreme 3D and Premiere Pro CS 5.5.1

Sergio_User

Hello

I am having a problem with Premiere and Blackmagic DeckLink HD Extreme 3D. When I create a Blackmagic timeline of any kind and I import footage and start working on it everything works as expected and is pretty fast. I can view the image in my monitor window and the output to the JVC external monitor is excellent (SDI). If I create another new project and in there I create a regular Premiere preset timeline (in this case to edit Canon 5D MKII footage) I can edit also with no problem (and with today´s update even better).

The problem appears when I try to have one timeline for Blackmagic and one regular Premiere preset timeline in the same project. If I create first the Blackmagic timeline, I can import and edit but at the moment I create a Premiere preset timeline the screen goes black for a second (which always happens btw) and then comes back again. Then I can edit the Premiere preset timeline perfectly but the Blackmagic timeline image stops appearing in the monitor window. I can play it, I can hear it and I can see it in the JVC external monitor. But on the computer monitor the only thing I see are images that overlay over it and somehow get stucked there so it looks like some kind of overlay problem. After this if I close Premiere it won´t close properly. I have to force it out. If I create first a Premiere preset timeline it works just fine but when I create a Blackmagic timeline this won´t work (the Premiere timeline works fine)

So my guess would be that Premiere switches to some color depth or space when creating a Premiere preset timeline and for some reason the Blackmagic card won´t adapt to it or update itself so I am left with no image and  leftovers of whatever images I place over the monitor window area. I can see the scopes and all the waveforms but not the video. Also maybe the monitors and the display port adapters have something to do. I will change monitors soon so would be nice to know if this is part of the problem.

Any idea? Waiting to hear from Blackmagic too.

My specs:

MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Motherboard    TYAN S7025

Dual Intel Xeon X5650  @ 2.67GHz

32.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)

NVIDIA Quadro 5000

System drive:125GB KINGSTON ATA Device (SATA)

Data drives:  2X1954GB Seagate (SATA)

2x977GB Seagate (SATA)

External Lacie Raid 5TB (for backups)

My monitors are 2 Apple Cinema HD 1920X1200 connected through 2 display ports adapters.

BTW, this problem appeared before today´s update.

Thanks in advance.

Sergio Rozas

www.usert38.com

http://blog.usert38.com/