4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2011 12:16 PM by Peter Grainge

Tables RoboHelp HTML v9

dscitechwriter

I didn't find this topic on a quick search. So if I'm duplicating here, please point me to another post that may have the answer.

Recently, I've switched/upgraded from Robo 7 to Robo 9. I had a special table format set up in Robo 7 so that I could access in through the Insert Table function. I had created a .html file and placed it into the Robo Gallery subdirectory. All worked fine this way in 7.

However, when I tried to move this file into the Robo 9 Gallery subdirectory, Robo is not seeing my format.

Any pointers, comments, help? Can this still be done?

Thanks,

Donna

• 1. Re: Tables RoboHelp HTML v9
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

In RoboHelp 7 tables were created using inline styles. Things changed in RoboHelp 8 when CSS driven tables were introduced. You can use one of the supplied styles, you can edit one of them to create your own style or you can create a new one. There is some more information about this in the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

Once you have a style set up, you can change your existing inline tables to CSS driven tables. Right click in a table and select Table Styles. You will then get a dialog enabling you to pick a table. Tick the box to clear the old inline styling. Note that you will need to reapply any table / column widths. They will look good in the Design Editor but not in a browser.

I suggest you make a copy of the project and play around with that until you have got things working as you want.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tables RoboHelp HTML v9
            dscitechwriter Level 1

Ok, I'll try that!! Thanks.

• 3. Re: Tables RoboHelp HTML v9
              dscitechwriter Level 1

I looked into this this afternoon. It appears that I can modify the list of built-in Robo table styles if I modify the .css.

But is there a way I can just create my own table style as before? (If not, I'll either modify one of the built-in styles or use a work around; but I'd prefer creating a specific corporate style with a specific corporate name.)

• 4. Re: Tables RoboHelp HTML v9
                Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Before you created inline styled tables, now you have to create them in CSS. However that does not stop you achieving what you want.

In the style pod select Tables in the dropdown, right click and select New. However it is much easier to go to Tables > Insert and find the table that is nearest to what you want and edit that. When you have inserted it into a topic, you can go to the Style pod and rename it.

You can also edit it in the future and it will amend all the table with that style, that's the nice bit of CSS tables.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge