2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 7:25 PM by dgatwood42

CSS tags that do not work in ADE, including beta

Czajka Level 1

Any idea if the CSS tags that don't work in ADE, will work in the future?

Such as:

text-transform

font-variant

Are there others? Does anyone have a comprehensive table/list?

These are biggies for us, and they are exported by InDesign 5.5. So, what's up with that?

• 1. Re: CSS tags that do not work in ADE, including beta
          WasBrit Level 1

I'm wondering if anything will work in this POS software. I've been experimenting with ePub output from InDesign 5.5, thinking the garbage I was seeing in ADE was the result of some screw up on my part. Imagine my surprise when I opened the same ePubs in iBooks on my iPhone, and in a few other non-Adobe apps (e.g. a Firefox plugin!!), only to see real formatting and a document that quite frankly looks 500% better than what ADE was showing me.

Adobe should be ashamed to own this product - it is beyond useless.

• 2. Re: CSS tags that do not work in ADE, including beta
            dgatwood42

Here are a few more:

• The :before pseudo-selector appears to be completely unsupported.
            • The :first-letter pseudo-selector appears to be completely unsupported.
            • The default behavior for line-height is way off, and spacing between lines is much larger than it should be even if line-height is explicitly specified.
            • Some of the percentage behavior makes no sense.  For example, the standard vertical centering trick doesn't work:

<div style="height: 100%; min-height: 100%">

<div style="height: 50%;margin-bottom: -68pt;"></div>

</div>

Instead, it comes out way below the center of the window.  Some of this may be caused by the line height being wrong, though.  It's hard to tell how much.