From the look of things, I guess that you have used an incorrect command to create the AIP for Adobe Reader 10.1.1. Could you please confirm that the command you used to create the AIP was something like:
msiexec /a <path to downloaded AdbeRdr1010_en_US.msi> /p <path to downloaded AdbeRdr1011.msp>
The correct command(s) to create an AIP are as folows:
msiexec /a <path to downloaded AdbeRdr1010_en_US.msi>[This would prompt you for the location wherein you want to create the AIP]
msiexec /a <path to AdbeRdr1010_en_US.msi created in command (i.) above> /p <path to downloaded AdbeRdr1011.msp>
This would create the correct AIP to be deployed via GPO without any issues.
Hi, that was indeed the command. msiexec /a path-to-msi /p path-to-msp
The oddness is the fact the patched installation works perfectly for 32-bit win7 installs (the bulk of my AD GPO targets), but not the 64-bit ones.
The msi has had some transforms applied to it, such as the location of the resulting shortcut, turn off auto-update, protected mode on etc.
Sent from my iPad
Thanks for confirming the same.
You can go ahead and use the command that I had mentioned. i.e. a 2 step process which would create an AIP from the base MSI initially and then patch the newly created AIP with the patch. That should work perfectly.
The reason you were getting the error on the 64 bit systems might be due to the fact that due to some fix by Adobe for 64 bit systems, a new file might have been added.
Since, you were using the 10.1.0 MSI (as available from the Adobe Website) to create the AIP, it must not have the information about any new file which may be added. Hence, the error. Moreover, since the file might not targeting 32 bit systems, the error was confined to 64 bit systems alone.
Hope this works
I'm getting the same error as David and I tried your steps. Still getting the Error that '_4bitmapibroker.exe' cannot be found.
Could you please let me know the exact commands that you are using to create the AIP.
msiexec /a acroread.msi
Looks like the command you posted was incomplete. Could you please post the commands again.
There should be two commands, that you must be using.
Exact same problem here. The _4bitmapibroker.exe is indeed not in the Data1.cab file.
ok, I tried to two step process, create an installation point for the original msi doing an admininistrive install to a local folder - I guess this is what I didn't do before, I was simply deploying the msi directly using software policy deployment in AD.
1. msiexec /a AdbeRdr1010_en_US.msi
2. apply the patch to this administrative install point:
msiexec /a path-to-install-from-above-AdbeRdr1010_en_US.msi /p path-to-AdbeRdrUpd1011.msp
this created the newly patched adminsitrative install point.
3. I then tried an install on the same 64bit system that caused the '_4bitmapibroker.exe' error from before - WITH SUCCESS.
Thanks Ankit, this worked for us.
Merhaba,Özellikle Türkçe yazıyorum,istiyorumki bu sitede Türkçe konuşanlar içinde bir bölüm açılsın 75 milyon türk var ve bu tartışmalardan bizlerinde yararlanma hakları var,hatta bu tartışmalara ingilizce bilmeyen bizlerde katılmak istiyoruz.
This appears to be a bug in this version of Reader. The error message '_4bitmapibroker.exe' is caused by this file being misnamed in the msi - it should be 64bitmapibroker.exe however renaming references to this in the Component Keypath and File sections of the msi doesn't help as the file doesn't seem to be included in data1.cab.
The only way I can get the deployment to work is to delete the references to this file from the msi. Not sure what efect this has as the '64bitmapibroker.exe' doesn't get installed bu acrobat works ok - perhaps someone from adobe can help with this.