2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 2:42 AM by Peter Spier

trouble finding tool bars

efeldman7

hi there,

this probably requires a very simple answer, but i'm having a hard time locating the on screen tool bars. i just downloaded indesign and just have a blank workspace without tool bars. please help. thanks.

• 1. Re: trouble finding tool bars
          Joel Cherney Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Well, if you just downloaded it, there's a chance that the install itself is messed up, so if nothing else works you can always uninstall and reinstall. Do a search for "Adobe clean script" before you uninstall.

But, assuming that your install of ID is not borked:

1) Just whack the tab key. (That hides most of the UI. It shouldn't start hidden, but it's the easiest thing to try.)

2) Up in the upper right hand corner of the screen, there should be a workspace selector. By default, I think you'd start with the "Essentials" workspace. Can you pull that down and choose a new workspace? Does that change anything?

3) And, of course, you can always go to Window and open a panel. Does that work?

I have no idea what's going on on your side, but I think if you try those things and report back then we should have a little bit more to work with.

• 2. Re: trouble finding tool bars
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

It would be really helpful if we could see what you DO have. take a screen capture of the workspace as it is now, and embed it in a post using the camera icon on the forum web page:

CameraIcon.png

Also, what version of ID, OS and language installation?