1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 5:33 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements has encountered an error - CPP-610

TTHTech

Hi,

I have a member of staff using Premiere Elements 8 that crashes the moment they select Timeline within a project.

The error is as follows;

Premiere Elements has encountered an error. ..\..\SRC\WIN\WINPATHUTILS.CPP-610

Once you OK this the program exits.

Elements is fully updated running on Windows XP SP3

Could anyone suggest how to decode the error, it seems pretty specific but I can't pin down where/why it is failing.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements has encountered an error - CPP-610
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Specific error codes mean little in this case. But a good computer tune-up can make a big difference.

First, manually go to Windows Update and select Custom to ensure you have even the non-critical updates for your operating system. Then go to Apple.com and get the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements.

After that, I always recommend that you run Advanced System Care to clean up and defrag your system. (The program is free -- but pay attention to the installation screens or you'll also add an annoying toolbar to your browser.)

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

After that, go to the Help menu on Premiere Elements (or any Adobe program, even Acrobat Reader) and select Check for Updates. This will update all of the Adobe programs on your computer and add the 8.01 update for Premiere Elements.

If you are still having problems, list your hardware specs, including the speed of your processor, how much RAM you have and how much free space is on your C drive. To run this program you'll need at least 20-30 gigs of free, clean, defragmented space on your C drive as well as additional space on your second or external drive for your media files.

Also, list the model of camcorder your video is coming from and which project settings you selected when you set up your Premiere Elements project.