Expand my Community achievements bar.

String containing apostrophe sign passed to text field via binded parameter from XDP displayed wrong

Level 1

Hello,

I have a text field that is bound to a String field in XDP, sometimes when the field contains apostrophe sign (') generated PDF displays ' instead, for example if the value is he's it shows he's

The field format is plain text only.

The problem only appears occasionaly and rarealy and I can't find the reason and can't even reproduce it anymore.

Maby someone has encountered such problem and know the reason why it happens or conditions for it to happen and the means to fix it?

2 Replies

Level 2

I don't want to be one of those that gives meaningless advise but I'm keen to 'give back' to this forum so here goes ... maybe completely up the wrong tree ...

I'll assume you're generating the XDP on a server and then passing that to the browser as a content type "application/vnd.adobe.xdp+xml"

Have you also tried setting the character set to UTF-8 ?  I use ASP and have "response.CharSet = "utf-8" " in my header.

Level 1

I don't think that is the case, because without changing anything the problem doesn't occur anymore, but just in case I would like to check that if you can tell me where I should look for charset setting, if its in xml then its already UTF-8, maby there are some settings on the template itself or sometyhing if you could specify where should I look that would be helpful.

As an option is it possible that it was just a temporary glitch of the livecycle server?

Maby others have some more ideas ? or possibilities that you could think of and I could check ?