• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quotes, dashes, etc. missing after save/compile

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2011 Sep 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I am having a problem with quotes, dashes, etc. in topics where those quotes, dashes, etc. at some point become hidden.

For example, in one topic (note this usually happens in tables), I have a range of acceptable values for a data entry field listed as:

Valid range is 0 - 99,999.99

When I open the project up ant another time, it appears like this:

Valid range is 0   99,999.99 (the dash is missing).

When I view the compiled version, however, the dash is visible.

Another example is that I have a label on which I display the letter x as 'x'.  When I open the help project up at another time (after a save/close/compile), the quotes don't appear in the project.  If I view the compiled version, the quotes will be seen just fine.

When I can't see the dashes or quotes in the RoboHelp project, I will sometimes add additional quotes to the 'x' because it appears to me that they are now gone.  When I look at the compiled version then, however, the label shows multiple sets of quotes  ex. ' 'x' ' .  Or, if I was using double quotes, I've had it go from something like "Calculator Form" to ""Calculator Form"" because I add another set of quotes in the RoboHelp projects where I can't see any quotes.

Does anyone know why this is happeneing and if there is anything I can do to prevent/correct this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Heather

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH version?

Got any conditional build tags?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML v 9

I occasionally use conditional build tags, but I have examples of this issue happening on topics where there are no conditional build tags.  I have not specifically seen this problem on topics with conditional build tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Heather

What is the setting shown below?

tmp1.PNG

If you see anything other than 100% there, try changing it to 100% and see if things improve.

And if you don't even see this field, you need to enable the Formatting toolbar by clicking View > Toolbars > Formatting.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the welcome, Rick!

I verified that I do indeed have this set to 100% and that this field is in my toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wondering if changing the font would help? Try creating and applying a new style temporarily that uses a different font.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp