3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2011 12:50 PM by Ben Renko

Problem with a break in the footage when importing

Ben Renko Level 1

My Sony NEX vidcam records in 2GB intervals. I imported all the files, then dropped them to the timeline and then it gets to the break between mts files, there is a slight "blip" in both the sound and video. I have been told that if you use the utility provided by sony, this will not happen but the problem is that I am on a mac and that softwar eis windows only.

I would think that CS5.5 would be able to handle the import better than the sony utility and not include the break. Is there something I am missing, a setting?

Thanks in advance.

--Ben

• 1. Re: Problem with a break in the footage when importing
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Are you keeping the entire AVCHD folder structure, e.g. PRIVATE, intact? That's necessary to maintain the spanning metadata. When you do this, you won't get individual clips for each file, but one clip that spans all the files.

• 2. Re: Problem with a break in the footage when importing
            Ben Renko Level 1

Colin,

Thanks for the info. You know I beleive that simply copied the MTF files and nothing else. But now that you mention it, I checked a recent job and I began to copy the entire AVCHD folder from the HG-DUO card. The direectory structure is AVCHD, then BDMV, then CLPINF, PLAYLIST STREAM. There are also two files in the BDMV directory called index.bdm and movieobj.bdm.

I have read about "private folders" but not sure what exactly that means since I do not see such folders in my structure.

Thanks,

--Ben

• 3. Re: Problem with a break in the footage when importing
              Ben Renko Level 1

I beleive I have answered my own question as to the Folder structure. When using HG-DUO cards there is NO Private Folder, only a AVCHD Folder at the root of the card. When using SD Memory, SDHC memory or SDXC memory, you will in fact have a Private\AVCHD directory.

I also beleive that for the project in question I am almost positive that I simply took the MTS files from the card and that would be consistent with your explanation. I am going to try and test this to ensure that it works.

Again, thanks for the assistance.