2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2011 11:48 PM by Keith Moreau

OT: Quadro 4000 for Mac

Jim Curtis Level 3

Sorry for the OT, but I bet somebody here can answer this for me.

Since I recently installed the Quadro 4000 in my MacPro3,1, and upgraded to OS 10.6.8 to use CUDA in Pr, I've noticed that the Brightness button on my 30" Apple Cinema Display doesn't work any more.  Also, the Displays Preference Brightness slider doesn't do anything any more either.

Is this a side effect of the Quadro card?

I really need to turn down the ACD brightness at certain times, because it's way bright.

TIA,

Jim Curtis

• 1. Re: OT: Quadro 4000 for Mac
          jasonvp Level 3

Jim -

Jim Curtis wrote:

Since I recently installed the Quadro 4000 in my MacPro3,1, and upgraded to OS 10.6.8 to use CUDA in Pr, I've noticed that the Brightness button on my 30" Apple Cinema Display doesn't work any more.  Also, the Displays Preference Brightness slider doesn't do anything any more either.

I've never used the Apple Cine Displays given their silly prices, but: How are you connecting the Quadro up?  Are you using the DisplayPort on the card, since you're driving a massive panel?  Does the Cine have a DVI port on the back of it that you can experiment with?  Generally when controls on a monitor go unresponsive it's because of the input type.

jas

• 2. Re: OT: Quadro 4000 for Mac
            Keith Moreau Level 1

I have pretty much the same exact system, OS and Nvidia card and I can control the brightness up/down button fine, never had a problem so I don't think it's a general problem with this combo.