3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2006 4:32 AM by Newsgroup_User

Transfer of webhelp project

farsiderdm
      I have been asked to take ownership of the companies webhelp files. This task is currently spread between several folks on the product team. I believe they all have project source files on their respective laptiops and the webhelp output files are on a network. I need to transfer the source files to my computer. Is there a guide or some help I can get to make certain all the files get to me. I was told that the source contains one or more .xpj files, but when i was sent the xpj file by the project team it opened an essentially empty project. Can someone on the forum give me some tips on what I need to transfer.
      Thanks.

• 1. Re: Transfer of webhelp project
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Welcome to the forum

I would try asking everyone to zip up the folder containing the XPJ file. That should give you everything in that folder and the sub folders.

• 2. Re: Transfer of webhelp project
            MergeThis Level 4
            When you say "the source contains one or more .xpj files," that points to a weird type of situation. I suspect that several people created their own projects to work on topics assigned to them only. Then, someone imported the topics from those various projects into one project for generation into Webhelp.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to find that "final" project. This reply will self-destruct in 18 months, or when Google buys out Adobe...whichever comes first.

Good luck,
            Leon
            • 3. Re: Transfer of webhelp project
              Level 7
              When you say "the source contains one or more .xpj files," that points to a
              weird type of situation. I suspect that several people created their own
              projects to work on topics assigned to them only. Then, someone imported the
              topics from those various projects into one project for generation into Webhelp.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to find that "final" project.
              This reply will self-destruct in 18 months, or when Google buys out
              Adobe...whichever comes first.

Good luck,
              Leon