1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2006 9:59 PM by Newsgroup_User

Admin + User Roles Setup Problems

FraggleFeatures
      Further to my addition to Monique's post below (mepriestly) , I have now managed to get as far as setting up the Admin and Publisher roles and sending a connection key to my client but Contribute cannot seem to complete the final step of saving these shared settings to my server.

The result is now an error message saying the Admin settings are invalid and it wants to remove all user roles and preferences from the system...problem being it's already taken me a week to get this far!

Any help/advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you,

KaTy
        • 1. Re: Admin + User Roles Setup Problems
          Level 7
          FraggleFeatures wrote:
          > Further to my addition to Monique's post below (mepriestly) , I have now
          > managed to get as far as setting up the Admin and Publisher roles and sending a
          > connection key to my client but Contribute cannot seem to complete the final
          > step of saving these shared settings to my server.
          >
          > The result is now an error message saying the Admin settings are invalid and
          > it wants to remove all user roles and preferences from the system...problem
          > being it's already taken me a week to get this far!
          >
          > Any help/advice would be hugely appreciated.
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > KaTy
          >
          have you moved your website from one computer (webroot location) to
          another computer? Was there a difference in the IP configuration of the
          machine when it got rebooted where contribute is hosted? If so, then you
          need to go to the websiteroot\_mm\*.csi open this file and ensure that
          any http://<servername>/location/ has proper IP address in the
          <servername> in the url where ever in the entire file. hope this helps.