3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2011 4:45 AM by JEShort01

Best Cooling Tower Case With Handles

flyingfish4 Level 1

I'm trying to build a computer that will run Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and other programs.

From reading on these forums, it looks like the best options for me right now are:

i7 2600K

Asus Sabertooth P67

GTX 570

16GB Patriot 1333MHz RAM

Windows 7 Home

500GB hard drive for the system and programs and page file

Four 1TB drives in two RAID-0 configuations

I'm probably not going to overclock right now because I don't want to be so concerned with overheating.  I may try overclocking later.

I got some prices at Fry's, which includes the Corsair 600T Tower Case.

I have 2 questions:

1. I read on a forum that a guy was having problems with cooling on the 600T and another person said the 20mm fans are too small, that 30mm are better.

2. I'm also trying to find a case that has a handle (or handles) so that I can transport it easily back and forth to another location.

I've read here to stay away from the small or mini towers because they don't cool well enough and that makes sense to me.

I only saw one at Fry's that had a handle, but I can't remember the name of it.

I like the Mac Pro tower style handles.  Good and solid.

Anyone know of a case that is:

1. Great for cooling the above configuration, and

2. Has a handle?

Any feedback on the other componenets would be great as well.

Thanks for any help or advice.

• 1. Re: Best Cooling Tower Case With Handles
          Cocovanna Level 1

You might wanna go for Windows 7 Pro, if you want to increase your RAM amount someday

• 2. Re: Best Cooling Tower Case With Handles
            Zoop studio Level 1

My Fractal Design towercase stores 8 disks and comes with 2 120mm fans.

With the Scythe mugen rev b2 cpu cooler and all fans connected to the Asus mobo I overclocked to 4.4 GHz with the Asus, 1 button OC in the Efi bios. Works great and silent.

• 3. Re: Best Cooling Tower Case With Handles
              JEShort01 Level 4

Flyingfish,

I can think of two pretty good possibilities for a luggable (mid or larger) case with a handle, and I'm sure there are others out there as well (Google LAN party):

Thermaltake V5 Black Edition Mid-tower Gaming Case (has nice full handle)

Any mid or full tower case + Sunbeam LAN Party Bag (includes strong straps that go around case to carry any case and keyboard using backpack style straps, shoulder strap, or a handle)

Don't scrimp on cooling, even if you do not plan on overclocking; look for a dual fan heat pipe style that will fit with whatever case you do choose. Good cooling will keep your rendering reliable and will allow for the 2600k to "turbo" (speed itself up) more effectively.

Now, regarding your component list, it looks just great! Don't forget a 850 watt p/s from a solid manufacturer. Also, skip the Corsair 600T; I brought one home I liked the design so well, then returned it when I realized the fans were not up there with the best fans and the typical high-quality replacement fans (Scythe Gentle Typhoon, etc.) do not fit without starting to drill holes, etc.

Jim