14 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2011 3:36 PM by Sengstack

New sequence - Drag to icon versus New Sequence dialog box

Sengstack Level 1

I am working with AVCHD shot at 1080 30p.

If I create a new sequence using the AVCHD 1080p30 preset, I get a red line at the top of my sequence indicating that there might be playback issues that rendering would fix.

If I create a new seqence by dragging an MTS clip to the New Item folder, there is a yellow line at the top of the sequence, indicating no rendering is needed.

I checked the Sequence Settings. As expected, the sequence created via the Sequence Settings dialog box is set to the "AVCHD 1080p square pixel" Editing Mode and the "No Fields (Progressive Scan)" setting for Fields. But the sequence created via the drag and drop shortcut is set to the "Desktop" Editing Mode and the "Upper Field First" setting for fields.  The Editing Mode and the Fields settings are the only differences between the two sequences.

I'm using a Panasonic AG-HMC150 and shooting at 1080 30p. The AG-HMC150 uses the AVCHD format and the MTS file extension. My system does not have an Adobe supported GPU. I am certain I used the 1920x1080/30p setting on the camcorder.

I've also shot clips using the 720 60p setting and the same thing happens. The drag and drop sequence creation method creates sequences set to Desktop and Upper Field First.

If my clips were somehow 30i, then the drag and drop method should create a sequence with the "AVCHD 1080p square pixel" Editing Mode. But in both cases (1080 30p and 720 60p) the Editing Mode is desktop.

Jeff Sengstack