Hmmm... I may have worked too late yesterday, as exporting another project using QT H.264 (as described above) resulted in an interlaced video this time. I am currently deinterlacing it with JES Deinterlacer (without conversion, since the .mov file is readable by JES Deinterlacer). Not sure what happened the first time around, except that I realized that my DNxHD settings were wrong (30 fps instead of 29.97 fps - I have to be careful about this feature of PP or any other Adobe products according to which if you drag your cursor over a modifiable value, it will change that value).
My sequences are of the correct format (interlaced 29.97 fps) in both projects, and, in both projects, I did not use the transcoded footage for export. Moreover, the transcoded footage for both projects looks interlaced.
The bottom line is that my initial workflow appears to be working:
- transcode to DNxHD 1080i
- edit with the transcoded footage
- before export, replace the footage with the original AVCHD one
- export to QT H.264 1080i
- deinterlace with JES Deinterlacer.
Luckily all these processes seem to be taking advantage of the 8 cores of my iMac, so this does not take a redhibitory long time.
2 people found this helpful
Interlaced HD footage is always Upper Field first.
I see! I suppose I may have changed that without noticing it (probably the mouse feature I was commenting about). Thanks!