1 2 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2011 1:44 PM by wrongopalongo

Premiere 5 CIB (Classroom in a book) not opening

wrongopalongo Level 1

I have had alot of frustrations even getting to the point of sampling Premiere 5, let alone getting into it and eventually buying it. I hope this is not an indication of the clunkiness of Adobe products in general!

About 6 months ago I posted under 'adopey45' about the same problem but different message. I got some responses about codecs etc which, due to traveling, I could not fully investigate.

Then I was on a different computer, and had just downloaded a copy of CS5.5 - BUT, it would not work with my Adobe CS5 classroom in a book (CIB)

Now I am on a new laptop, with a 30-day trial CS5.0 loaded (NOT 5.5) - and my CIB folder in exactly the place where the book says to put them on my hard drive.

When I go to open lesson one, I get the message,

"This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type.'

I can open the program if I select 'new project'. It takes me though the sequences of setting up the page and tells me how long I have left on my trial program etc. And I can work in the program and play around with it but still cannot access the tutorial file 'lesson 1' - it just comes up with the same message when I try and access it from inside the open program.

I have had alot of wasted hours and expense with this (50 british pounds for the manual), I hope someone can help me where it does not require a degree in physics to figure out how to fix it or get a simple codec. Nor do I want to read reams more information on codecs! Aaarrrggghhh!

Just a fix, download upgrade, whatever, painless please!

thanks for your attention.

1 2 Previous Next