4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2011 3:06 PM by d_lombardi

Can Premiere Elements 10 Now Import 1080 60p Footage like PP CS 5.5?

d_lombardi

I have been doing quite a bit of research the last few days on how to best to import / edit / output to blu-ray my 1080 60p footage from my Panasonic TM900 camcorder and thought I had found a winner with PP CS 5.5 until I realized the specs for editing didn't fit my Macbook Pro 2011 Edition.

In looking at this forum, I was very happy to see there is a brand new version "10" now however I can't find anything that specifically states what AVCHD formats can be imported, only that Elements does import AVCHD.

Looking at the new output features, looks like I can easily output to file or blu-ray disk "like" quality to the original footage, i.e. 720p 60 / 1920X1080p 24 or 30 however I can't find anything the specifies the import formats similar to PP CS 5.5.

In reading through the forum posts, it looks like there are issues with 1080 60p footage in Elements 9 where the recomendation is to shoot 1080 60i however now with the new version, has this limitation gone away?

I really love the look of my footage at 1080 60p and want to use Elements to edit and output to blu-ray so I am hoping Elements 10 now supports full import of 1080 60p .mts files as does PP CS 5.5

Appreciate the feedback!!