• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tooltip text not seen in Firefox

Sep 20, 2011 Sep 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

My problem is somewhat similar. I have Firefox 6.0 & Flash Player 10.3.183.7. I use it to display charts. Problem is I can see the chart but not the legend (ex. Price) when I move across the chart. But this works fine with Internet Explorer. How do I fix this ?

Sunder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunder,

I branched your post off into its own thread.  The post you replied to was concerning installation and it sounds like you have a different issue.

Do you have a URL where I can see this behavior?  If this is a private swf, can you create a new bug at bugbase.adobe.com and send me an email (ccampbel@adobe.com) with the swf attached so I can add it to our internal bug report?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thanks for starting a new thread.

The problem seems to be local to my computer. Yesterday I tried the same thing on another computer with Firefox & Flash Player (did not check the versions). It worked fine. Does it have anything to do with a particular combination of versions ? I also upgraded to Firefox 6.0.2. Still no luck.

To see the problem, open the following URL & click on the tab 'Intra-day Chart' :

http://www.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_watch/get_quote/GetQuote.jsp?symbol=WIPRO

Make sure you have the combination Firefox 6.0.2 & Flash Player 10.3.183.7. Otherwise it may probably work.

Sunder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunder,

I tried this out on Windows XP, using Firefox 6.0.2 and 10.3.183.10 (today's release) but I was unable to reproduce the problem.  Could you give the new build, or our Flash Player 11 rc build a try and see if it still reproduces for you?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I installed & tried 10.3.183.10. But no luck. If you are not seeing the problem, there should be something to do with Firefox settings or some other program on my computer is causing this problem. I had problem with my Yahoo Mail & it was solved after I removed the Anti Phishing program on my computer. By the way I have Windows XP SP3.

I am ready to try 11 rc. But is there a way to go back to 10 if I have a problem (at least now things are fine on IE) ?

Sunder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can definitely go back by using the uninstaller linked at the bottom of the FP 11 RC download page.  If you install only the Flash Player for all other browsers (not IE) then IE should remain on 10.3.183.10 (or whatever you have installed.)  If you run into any problems going back please let me know and I'll help you out.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to stay with 10.3.183.10 for now. Are there any programs on Windows which may affect the performance of Flash Player ? How do I find this ?

In Firefox when I move across the chart, I can see a moving hand & a dot along the curve & a big stationary filled circle at the top left hand corner outside the chart. Does this tell something to you ?

Sunder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the same hand/arrow combination on my system.  Were you able to create a new bug over at bugbase.adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with Firefox 3.6.22 & Opera 11.5. Still it does not work. So clearly it is not a browser problem. It has something to do with newer releases of Flash Player. Where do I get older versions for me to try ?

I have added the bug on bugbase.adobe.com (the connecting link in your post did not go there).

Sunder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2011 Sep 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunder,

You can find previous versions of the player here:  Flash Player archived versions

Before going back, make sure you follow the instructions on this page for uninstalling.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Here is the shocker. I had told you it works fine on my friend's computer. He has Firefox 3.6.22 & Flash Player 10.2.152.32. Yesterday with great expectations, I tried this combination on my computer. Still it does not work. What do you say about this ? For some reason all versions of Flash Player seem to work well with IE. Do you think Java versions have something to do with Flash ?

I will be on these older versions for a few days hoping you will give me some solution. After that I will go for the latest versions of both & forget using Flash Player on Firefox forever.

Sunder

Message was edited by: sunder.rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try if clearing the Flash Player cache fixes this?  Follow the instructions in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/892474

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2011 Oct 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared the cache. But no improvement.

Now I have moved to Firefox 7.0.1 & Flash Player 10.3.183.10. Still the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have good news. I upgraded to Flash Player 11.0.1.152 on Firefox 7.0.1. Now the tooltips are working. I will probably not upgrade my Flash Player for a Iong time in future. I suggest you release versions less frequently after extensive testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines