7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2011 3:14 PM by the_wine_snob

Audio Problem

chairboys

We are still having problems overriding our original narration with a new one.  The new narration records but does not override the old and therefore both run at once.  Can anyone tell us whether there is some way of deleting the original narration from a clip and then surely we should be able to record a new narration. 

We tried everything Steve suggested but still have this ongoing problem.

All help appreciated

thank you

Chairboys

• 1. Re: Audio Problem
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Apparently the problem is with your system. It's not anything we can help you with on this forum. Sorry.

Have you tried contacting Adobe Tech Support?

There's no point in starting a new thread with the same topic. If we couldn't solve your problems last week in one thread, it's unlikely we'll be able to solve it this week in a new thread. Besides, it's confusing, since we can't keep track of what you've already tried to fix the problem.

• 2. Re: Audio Problem
            the_wine_snob Level 9

If you now have a good narration on the Timeline, along with the old, bad one, just open Window>Audio Mixer. You will see all of your Audio Tracks displayed with control panels. Just Mute your old narration Audio Track.

One could also Select the Clip in that Audio Track, and Delete it. Just be sure that you are looking at the Clip that is the bad one. That is why I suggest the Audio Mixer, at least to test Mute, before you make any Deletions.

I would anticipate that PrE not overwriting an existing narration Clip is by design. If, for instance, one has already laid down a narration Audio Track, and then needed to lay down several more, they would NOT want PrE to overwrite anything. I know that I would not. It's easy to do clean-up by Selecting and Deleting, and I would think that doing it that way, the manual way, should work just fine.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Audio Problem
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Bill, the Narration tool is designed to automatically overwrite a previous take when you re-record a narration clip. This is how it should work -- and how it does work on most systems.

I'm not sure why it's not happening on Chairboys' system.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Audio Problem
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Thanks for that clarification. I always do narration in Audition, so am not going directly through the NLE. My speculation and assumptions were wrong.

Like you, if that is by design, I wonder why it's not working for Chairboy. Since PrE does not have Track Targeting, at least not like PrPro does, I wonder why the overwriting did not happen?

Still, if Chairboy now has a good narration, it's easy to use ONLY the good narration.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Audio Problem
                  chairboys Level 1

thank you Bill we have managed to delete the original narration and record new.

You help is much appreciated

Chairboys

• 6. Re: Audio Problem
                    chairboys Level 1

Sorry Steve as your letter answer came into our e-mail we did thought our question had not been posted - anyway all well now narration deleted manually and new one records.

thanks for your help

Chairboys

• 7. Re: Audio Problem
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news! Hope that the Project goes smoothly.

Good luck,

Hunt