1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2011 5:11 AM by SpareWheel

Audio loses sync with video on HD footage (CS5.5). 'MPEG decode error'

Shaun Phillips Level 1

HI All,

I'm trying to cut this vox pops video together but the audio seems to lose sync. i noticed that there was a red circle in the bottom right of the screen with a cross in the centre. After clicking on it, i was greeted with this message...

screen grab.jpg

I have a fairly powerfull machine so I'm unsure as to what the problem is. Any suggestions as it's making this task virtually impossible!!!

machine specs...

grab-2.jpg

Please, any help appreciated!!!

• 1. Re: Audio loses sync with video on HD footage (CS5.5). 'MPEG decode error'
          SpareWheel Level 2

Had this occasionally myself.

For me it was drop-out on the tape (at the very start of some sections luckily), even though CS5.5 did not register any drops when capturing.

If you're not using tape then you've got a card error. Checkout the video at or about Frame 32106. Check out the source material. Although Windows 7 Media Player is likely to show no errors and with your audio in sync - very mis-leading - a false positive.

Fix for me was to simply re-sync audio/video manually but upstream of the error. If not, you will likely find you will also get export errors when trying to export via AME.