5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2011 9:00 PM by the_wine_snob

Exporting .mov file from CS5.5 Premier Pro for playing through QuickTime Player

Quitzow 1

Dear All,

I would most appreciate any assistance on a problem that I am experiencing with a current project.

I have a HD1080i50 project which I have completed editing. The work consists of two video tracks on top of a black video track that presents two identically sized images side by side that run con-currently. To achieve this presentation I have solely reduced the scale of the clips to 44% and then positioned them side by side. After rendering, within Premier, the playback is exactly as I want it and the imagery is sharp and clear. The problems occur when I either try to export the project as a mov. file (to play using Quicktime), or when I export to Encore and produce a DVD. In both cases, the audio is fine but the imagery is slightly blurred.

In the first instance, would someone be kind enough to recommend the optimum export codecs to creat a .mov file for playing through QuickTime?

To date, with earlier projects, I have not experienced this problem. I am obviously doing something wrong in the export settings process and would appreciate it greatly if anyone can advise. Should more info on the project be required to respond, I am happy to provide it.

With thanks in advance.