5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2011 1:48 PM by Chuck A. McIntyre

I use a small camera that outputs AVCHD

Chuck A. McIntyre Level 3

I have a work around for this problem, but wondered if anyone knows of a simple solution.  Video from my Samsung HMX-H200 hand-held plays fine in Windows Media Player.  When I play the video back from the timeline in Premiere CS 5.5, the frame order gets scrambled in some places.  For instance, in Premiere, if I play back a car moving down the road using the arrow keys, frame by frame the car will reverse direction in places as if Premiere is playing an earlier frame in place of what should be a current frame.  The problem gets worse if I add a cross dissolve between two clips. If I change the edit point by one or two frames, I can usually make the problem go away, which is odd.

Could it be a corrupt codec.  If I transcode the AVCHD, straight from the camera into Cineform for instance, the problem goes away 99% of the time.  I did a search before posting this, and can only find complaints of "jittery" playback.  My problem isn't jittery playback, it's frames in the video out of order and it exports that way in a final video such as a *.f4v.  I do a lot of Internet video.

i7 920

Motherboard Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

Video card (unfortunately ATI 4800)  Intend to get a Mercury compatible 560 gtx within a month

6GB ram (Crucial)

74GB Raptor System Drive

3 internal 7200 hard drives

Thanks