Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Does Not Work in IE9 but does work in Firefox and Chrome

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I just installed Flash the latest version of Flash player on IE9 and Firefox, 09/21/2011. both installed successfully. 

Ever since IE9 became available i hesitated to install it, using IE8 with no problems on Flash player.

And after a month i decided to  install IE 9.

Then my problems began. Flash player which had worked just fine in IE8 was not working on many websites streaming video in the new IE9. Ughh..........

Anyway my computer o/s is windows7 ultimate 64 bit  [using 32 bit browsers only]

i noticed your other post on this subject and checked the shockwave plug-in  [it was enabled].

i checked the Active X filter setting  [it was NOT enabled].

Heres an example,  i can access this the streaming video on this site in Firefox but when i go to IE9 i get the following error on the flash player screen

" server reject-  (_defaultroot_._defaultVhost_) Application (rtplive) is not defined".      

here is the link http://www.wezatv.com/dootv/channel_3_3.php   it is a thai website that streams television from Thailand.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to this page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

is Debug Player set to yes or no?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris:

Your Player Version: Win 10.3.183.10

It says  "DEBUG PLAYER NO"

Operating System: Windows 7

Video Capable: Yes

Audio Capable: Yes

Local File I/O Enabled: Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Could you take a screenshot of the error you are receiving?  I tried the site you mentioned but it loaded and played fine on my IE 9 install.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris:

Yea i got your reply and also tried to access the link and today it works. It can be quite frustrating when you dont't know if its a program or a website that is causing the issue   I tried to access that streaming video several times in the same day without success, but today its working, ugh..........

However i am having a different problem when trying to use the login box on that webpage in IE9. I notice that i am able to access it on Chrome and Firefox though.         I guess i have to contact Microsoft support on that one.   

Thank you for your assistance with regard to the Flash issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the follow up, good luck with the login issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris:

I did contact Microsoft today about the issue i am experiencing with IE9 [not getting response when clicking on some parts of certain webpages].

Their solution was to  open IE9 browser ,click on TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS, and click on ADVANCED tab.

under "Accelerated Graphics" they instructed to put a check in the box for "use software rendering instead of GPU rendering".

I followed that advice and the problem was corrected. Funny how that has something to do with accessing a login box.

I also informed the Microsoft technician ,that i had already disabled the use of the GPU hardware acceleration in the Adobe Flash Player control panel.

The problem about not being able to view streaming video is because those websites are not compatible with IE9 yet. Microsoft tech said they are working on a patch for it.  Just though i would pass the info along in case you can make any use of it.

Regards;

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When using I.E.9, one of the first things to do is to activate the Command bar, click Tools, click Compatibility View settings and check Include updated website lists from Microsoft.

If a site is not showing flash correctly, click the torn page in the One Box or add the site to the compatibility view list and then refresh to see if that solves the problem.

If not, press F12 and change the tab to I.E. 8 browser mode and refresh to see if that solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines