4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2011 5:35 PM by Cadillacula

Magic Bullet Frames Workflow

Cadillacula Level 1

Does anyone have any experience, or a general feel, for the best workflow when using Magic Bullet Frames 1.1 from within PP5.5 with 24p conversion being the ultimate intended goal?

Using DV source material.

I have done a deartifact, a color treatment and a 24p-deinterlace (stacked in that order in the effects tree) in one pass/render.

But - I have also heard you should break up these steps and do them individually - so do a non-24p deinterlace as one render, dearticfact as another, and then color treat as a render, and then 24p convert on a fourth pass.

Also deartifact first or deinterlace? Can you do both at the same time on a render? pros cons?

Curious about the entire process really.

As an aside - if it is good practice to deinterlace footage straight away before doing anything else to it - when you later do a 24p conversion with MB, typically the final step in the process, arent you deinterlacing it a second time as MB 1.1 combines 24 and deinterlace as one action now. (though as i mentioned you can do just a deinterlace sans the 24p conversion).

Thanks.