You might find that file within the RoboHelp HTML folders within Program Files. If it is, save a copy somewhere safe first. With another copy outside of Program Files, edit it as required and then copy it back. (Permissions will likely stop you editing it while it is within Program Files.)
If it doesn't work, just copy the original back.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
Thanks Peter, but that didn't work. I submitted this bug report to Adobe.
Concise problem statement:
Steps to reproduce bug:
1. Generate WebHelp output with default skin in French and Spanish.
The "Highlight Search Results" text on the Search tab in WebHelp displays this for Spanish (with strange characters instead of the accent marks for the term "search": "Resaltar resultados de la bÃºsqueda" and this for French: "Mettre en surbrillance les rÃ©sultats de la recherche".
The strange characters should not be there; it should show the correct accent marks in the foreign language (e.g., for French, it should be "Résultats", which shows correctly in the last string of the Search tab.
I found on some other posts that this is controlled by this file in the output: whfform.htm. I edited the following line in that file ( gsHiliteSearchTitle = "Resaltar resultados de la bÃºsqueda"), and the WebHelp displays correctly. However, I will have to do this every time I generate the WebHelp since the file is not in the source files. I tested this locally and on our Web server, so I don't think it's a problem with UTF-8 on the Web server. Plus, that is the only place where this happens in the WebHelp. Everything else is OK.
I posted this on the RoboHelp user forum at http://forums.adobe.com/message/3935775
However, the suggestion by Peter Grange did not work (he said to look in the RoboHelp source files for the whfform.htm file. (It only exists in the WebHelp output.)
A RoboHelp engineer sent this to me in an email, which solved the problem:
"Please go to the !Language! folder in your project folder and open es_ES Folder. Open the RoboHHRE.lng file in notepad. Search for "FtsHilitePrompt" variable in the file and see that its value is not corrupted as is in your output."
This is what I did: The RoboHHRE.lng was corrupt (using the spelling "bÃºsqueda" - attached). I made a copy of the original and renamed it "RoboHHRE_old.lng". I edited the original file with the correct spelling of "search" (búsqueda) in "Resaltar resultados de la búsqueda" and now the WebHelp displays correctly. (Same with French.)