3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2011 11:24 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Premiere Pro CS5.5.1 Crashing on startup.

VeriasX1

I've perused the net for quite some time digging for a solution to this. PPro is dying right at the welcome screen. I can't even get into the program to alter anything. I've cleared preferences, uninstalled 3rd party plugins, checked vst installs, the works.

Things I have noticed. Before failing, PPro 5.5.1 only manages to write the basic prefs file, a trace file, and the plugins loaded file. That's all that winds up in the pref directory.

Here's the error info as it appears in the Event Viewer

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 5.5.1.0, time stamp: 0x4e684b99

Faulting module name: AcXtrnal.DLL, version: 6.1.7601.17571, time stamp: 0x4d708176

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x0000000000005b07

Faulting process id: 0x1cf0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc79b152f672e7

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\AppPatch\AppPatch64\AcXtrnal.DLL

Report Id: a4b34d55-e5a4-11e0-80b9-50e54935b2d5

Occasionally it'll throw ntdll.dll instead of AcXtrnal.dll

My system specs are as follows:

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition SP1

AMD Phenom 2 x4 945 3.0Ghz Quad-core processor

8 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM

ATI Radeon HD 6850 video card, on Catalyst ver. 11.8

Primary HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB 7200 RPM SATA hard disk: 1.34 TB free

Secondary HDD: Seagate Barricuda 1TB 7200 RPM SATA hard disk: 398 GB free

I've scrounged the internet, testing everything I could find to see if it might be a solution, to no avail. I've adjusted compatibility settings, with no luck, ran as administrator, no luck either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Message was edited by: VeriasX1

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5.1 Crashing on startup.
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Try starting while holding Alt and Shift. This will reset all preferences and clear the plug-in cache.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling.

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5.1 Crashing on startup.
            VeriasX1 Level 1

alrighty. Initial test of alt and shift yielded no change, so I did a reinstall.

Now, I can get into PPro -if- I'm holding alt+shift at the start, but if I'm not, it crashes on load.

Once inside PPro, things I've noted are, preview/playback window isn't functioning. If I scrub or preview a video file, the video preview does not playback. I can "force" a single frame to "update" if I stop the playback and physically left-click the window. I can save and make changes to projects, but when I exit PPro, it crashes.

At the time of crash, i'm getting two errors now

The program Adobe Premiere Pro.exe version 5.5.1.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 1cc0

Start Time: 01cc7a2ae458c926

Termination Time: 54

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Report Id: caab65ec-e61e-11e0-9093-50e54935b2d5

and

Schannel: Event ID 36888:

The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 10.

I guess this is kind of progress. I also appreciate the assist so far Todd.

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro CS5.5.1 Crashing on startup.
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Hmmm. I think that getting any further might require having one of our Technical Support folks connect to your system for troubleshooting.

To contact Adobe Technical Support, start here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

Be sure to direct them to this thread so that they can see where you've gotten so far.