I have the same problem! At least I can get the x button to close files by pressing the F9 key.
Have you found any fix to the missing toolbars?
What is your operating system?
Do you have Kaspersky software installed by any chance? If so, update to the latest available version, and the problem will go away.
I have the same problem. I have Kaspersky's latest version to. It mostly happens if I move the mouse pointer to the right drop down. I thought it might be a problem with v 11.xx.xx so I uninstalled it an installed an v 10. Same problem. If it's Kaspersky, they don't know.
What is your Kaspersky software and version? The latest versions are
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2015: 22.214.171.1245ab
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015: 126.96.36.1991
Kaspersky Internet Security 188.8.131.523(b)
Update Kaspersky to the current version, and the problem will go away.
I "think" I might of found the answer.
1. Download and run Adobe Cleaner
2. Go to C: > Users > "Your Name" > App Data (this might be hidden) > Local. Delete any and all folders that relate to Adobe Reader (all versions) . Also Check LocalLow folder. Adobe Cleaner cleans the registry of all references to Adobe Reader
3. Place Kaspersky into "Pause Protection..."
4. Download and install Adobe Reader.
4. Reboot computer
5. Re-enable Kaspersky.
"So far" this has worked for me. I'll keep you informed if anything develops.