4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2011 12:58 PM by peter minneapolis

Printing a selected tiled page

ngoldberg_sequel

I have a 35x55" document that I'm printing tiled across nine 17x22" sheets of paper using InDesign CS5.5. Occassionally, a sheet of paper will misfeed or such. In those cases, I'm wondering if there's any way to reprint, say, the third tile of the series of nine, rather than reprinting the entire nine tiles. I've tried printing the entire sequences to Postscript but for some reason it doesn't distill correctly into Acrobat. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Neil

• 1. Re: Printing a selected tiled page
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try Manual Tiling for the missing section. Set the 0 point (where the two rulers come together to the upper left corner of where you want the tile to begin.

Go into the Print dialog, and instead of Automatic Tiling choose Automatic. It will print a tile at the current page size and orientation going down and to the right of the 0 point.

• 2. Re: Printing a selected tiled page
            ngoldberg_sequel Level 1

Thanks so much for the answer, Steve. I've resorted to doing a manual tile in the past. I've found it difficult, though, to exactly match the origin of the existing tile. Also the text and marks that print out in such a case don't match the other tiles. Any other thoughts?

• 3. Re: Printing a selected tiled page
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Your text tags may not match, but you ought to be able to calculate the exact location to put the guides based on the sheet size and overlap values. No question this is a real pain in the neck.

Dry paper, well riffled & jogged, helps a lot to prevent jams. Heavier paper generally runs better, too, as do the more expensive brands which tend to have less dust to clog things up.

• 4. Re: Printing a selected tiled page
                peter minneapolis Level 4

ngoldberg_sequel wrote:

Thanks so much for the answer, Steve. I've resorted to doing a manual tile in the past. I've found it difficult, though, to exactly match the origin of the existing tile. Also the text and marks that print out in such a case don't match the other tiles. Any other thoughts?

Have you tried printing tiled from a PDF? Perhaps Acrobat can print a selected tile.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices