3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2011 5:55 AM by kglad

Navigating from Cue Points in a FLV

Bum McFluff

I am using Flash CS3 and AS2 on a PC. I am making a CD in Flash, for a client. The CD has videos, images and text. What I need is be able to go to the next scene once an FLV has finished playing. Also if a new FLV can be loaded once the curent ends. The FLV is in the FLVPlayback component. I need to add Cue Points which I can use to navigate with. The client would prefer a minimum of buttons, and thus auto navigation once a point is reached. I am not an expert with ActionScript, so please make your answers idiot friendly. I would prefer to avoid the need for me to use third party software or add-ons unless absolutely necessary. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Navigating from Cue Points in a FLV
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

open the as2 help files, click on "actionscript 2.0 component language reference", click on flvplayback component and click on flvplayback class.  you only need to check the following sections:

flvplayback.complete (to detect when an flv has completed play so you can start your next flv)

flvplayback.addascuepoints (to add cuepoints that you can use to navigate).

there is sample code in the help files.  copy the sample code and adjust the instance name(s) to match your project.  if you have any trouble, return with your code attempt and the issue.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Navigating from Cue Points in a FLV
            Bum McFluff Level 1

Thanks for that, I am currently checking out what you said, but I am a slow study. Also, another question similiar to my previous ones, if I had actionscript cue points in my flv, could I for eg, when CuePoint1 is reached, load a movieclip onto another level, then unload it again when CuePoint 2 is reached in the same flv? Also, not sure if this is something I should have mentioned earlier, but I have the flv and thus the flvplayback in a single frame only. Would that cause any problems? I did that because of the 15,000 frame issue.

• 3. Re: Navigating from Cue Points in a FLV
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

if I had actionscript cue points in my flv, could I for eg, when CuePoint1 is reached, load a movieclip onto another level, then unload it again when CuePoint 2 is reached in the same flv?

yes.

Also, not sure if this is something I should have mentioned earlier, but I have the flv and thus the flvplayback in a single frame only. Would that cause any problems?

none.

1 person found this helpful