0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2011 7:31 AM by MikeOh.

Customizing TaskForm.as

MikeOh.

Hi,

I would like to customize TaskForm.as (and classes like TaskPDFForm.as) but I'm finding that the changes I put in TaskForm.as are not picked up in my custom containers. I'm wondering if there is a setting I'm missing to have my custom containers pickup my custom workspace-ui changes.

In other words, imagine the following:

Add a new function in TaskForm.as such as public function customSubmit():void {}

Go to a container (like approval-container) and change DocumentAreaModel.as to call form.customSubmit(); instead of form.submit(); as created above.

The container won't build and spits out the error:

"Call to a possibly undefined method customSubmit through a reference with static type lc.procmgmt.ui.task.form:TaskForm"

I believe the container is using the "regular" TaskForm class and not using the one I changed in the workspace-ui location. I tried changing the "Source path" in the custom container to point to the various workspace-ui locations but it doesn't seem to work.

What am I missing, or is this something that isn't usually done? Is there another approach I can take if that's the case?

Thanks!