3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2011 8:03 AM by Steve Werner

Table attributes

CoGordo4 Level 1

Hello every one,

I am currently creating a table for a sign and am having some troubles adjusting the atributes of the table. Specifically I am having trouble with the stroke of the outside of the table. My table has an alternating row color of red and black. When I go to the table setup menu and choose a white stroke for the table the stroke only appears on the outside of the red rows. It seems possible the cell boarders might be getting getting in the way but I am not sure how to compensate for this. Any ideas? Also does anyone know how to reduce the opacity of the table fills without effecting the type? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 1. Re: Table attributes
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The stroke weight of a table is mostly set in Table > Cell Options > Strokes and Fills (but also can be set on the Control Panel) when the table is selected.

But in Table > Table Options > Table Setup, the Table Border setting ONLY sets the stroke color/weight for the outermost stroke around the table.

You may be having trouble using the cell stroke proxy. You'll find that in Table > Cell Options > Strokes and Fills, and on the Control panel when the table is selected (looks like a blue grid). Use these shortcuts: Triple-clicking on the cell stroke proxy toggles between deselecting all the strokes, and selecting all the strokes. It's often helpful to start by selecting all the cell strokes to 0 weight, then highlight only the strokes you want to affect (e.g., inside vertical strokes) and set the color and weight for just those strokes.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Table attributes
            [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

Steve Werner wrote:

... Use these shortcuts: Triple-clicking on the cell stroke proxy toggles between deselecting all the strokes, and selecting all the strokes.

I was pretty amazed to find the proxy actually has a little pop-up menu ...

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Table attributes
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Cool!. I've never read that anywhere before!