3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2011 4:57 PM by odannyboy121070

digital editions running slow

abdolchie

All of a sudden the digital editions is running slow when trying to view my ebook. CPU spikes and program freezes, this is frustrating. Am I not entitled to use a different reader or are textbooks only linked with adobe?

• 1. Re: digital editions running slow
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

I get conflicting vibes when I read your post.  You start by saying that ADE

is running slow when trying to view your ebook: do you mean that you're

trying to read the ebook via ADE on your computer?  Then, you mention 'a

different reader' - which implies to me that you're talking about using an

ebook reader, which implies you've downloaded/transferred the ebook to an

ereader.  Cna you clarify the situation a bit more?  It would help in trying

to help you.

=============

• 2. Re: digital editions running slow
            abdolchie Level 1

My main concern is the cpu spike and I wonder if the ebook sections that have graphical content influence the cpu and memory used.

• 3. Re: digital editions running slow
              odannyboy121070

I just started having the same issue. I use digital editions on my home computer, generally for reading graphic novels, and two or three days ago, it became nearly impossible to scroll pages. Just having the digital editions reader open spikes my CPU system usage up to 100%, and makes reading impossible.