1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 25, 2006 2:38 AM by Newsgroup_User

Problem with character encodings in verity search?

Hello all,

I hope i am posting this in the correct category, if not please guide me to the correct one.
      I am trying to use a verity seach on chinese content. The content going into the collection is utf-16(comming from a mssql database). I have a verity collection in traditional chinese and one in simplified chinese. But the data i put into the collection won't be retuned when i search on it. And even when i get results(sporadicly) the "summary" field contains different characters then that i put into the collection.

Has anyone had any experiance with this or can anyone point me out what i'm doing wrong?

Limabravo
        • 1. Re: Problem with character encodings in verity search?
          Level 7
          limabravo wrote:
          > the collection is utf-16(comming from a mssql database). I have a verity
          > collection in traditional chinese and one in simplified chinese. But the data i
          > put into the collection won't be retuned when i search on it. And even when i
          > get results(sporadicly) the "summary" field contains different characters then
          > that i put into the collection.

not 100% sure but i think you want unicode encodings not the "language" ones as
          i think those are codepages. and i also don't think you want utf-16, utf-8 is a
          better choice w/cf.