I have been using the new version of Flash since it came out in May or June and have had no problems with sound file import. Now today all of a sudden I can't import MP3s - I get an error that says it can't import the file, but nothing further to help me diagnose the problem. I have downloaded these from the web from a company that records files - the same company I have used before with no problems. The old files from them still work, but the new files, and recent MP3s I've downloaded won't work. I tried downloading on another machine with Windows NT but that didn't work either. I have had a programmer work with the MP3s to make sure they were indeed formatted as MP3, and those files won't import either. I have no idea what to do. I am on Windows 7 Pro. I also turned off my firewall in case that was the problem, and still no resolution.
I found my solution through one of the other threads that suggested used Media Encoder for my files. It worked. Whew
Yes after an hour of searching for help, Media Encoder worked for me as well. Thank you!