4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2011 8:01 PM by doane2u

Integration of Premier Elements and PS Bridge

doane2u

Hi, I have PS CS5 and am thinking of buying Premier Elements 10, which looks very impressive, I thought it was all presets but am realizing now that there is a lot of freedom to the setttings.. anyway. My question is this, is there any integration between the brosers in the two aps?  Can I import data like keywords, etc., from Bridge into the Premier Elements browser, or visa-versa?  What about with Premier 9 or CS5, or does it even have a built in browser/catalog function?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Integration of Premier Elements and PS Bridge
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The Organizer and the Bridge are supposed to use similar metadata. Unfortunately, for basic things like Keyword Tags and Albums, that's usually not the case, so I'd assume they won't use each other's data.

Likewise, Premiere Elements and Premiere CS5 use very few of the same browser functions. It's usually best to choose one or the other program. You're not going to be able to move your project easily between these two very different apps.

Or when you say CS5 are you referring to Photoshop CS5? If so, yes, you can certainly create graphics in Photoshop and use them in Premiere Elements. However, they don't, for the most part, share the same catalogs and keyword tags.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Integration of Premier Elements and PS Bridge
            doane2u Level 1

Thanks for the answer, Steve, yes, I'm talking about Premiere CS5's browser, (if it has a separate one?) and PS CS5's Bridge browser and Premier Elements 10's browser...I would even think about forking out the money for Premier CS5 if I knew that it could access data already in my Bridge browser, but it looks like none of them are compatible with each other or can share information, that's actually too bad as the browser in PE10 has some novel features from what I have read.  It seems like a common browser could be used for all these programs so that one isn't having to enter redundant information or contradictive information in each of them. I would love to see Bridge with some of the organizing features of the new PE 10's features.

• 3. Re: Integration of Premier Elements and PS Bridge
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

For a  couple of years, Bridge was included with the Mac version of Photoshop Elements. However, Adobe later decided that the Elements Organizer included tools that are much more useful to a typical non-professional.

• 4. Re: Integration of Premier Elements and PS Bridge
                doane2u Level 1

Yes, the Elements organizer has some great features for "non professionals" as does PS Elements and Premier Elements. But my point was that the Elements organizer has some great organization abilities not found in PS Bridge (I have CS5), things that make organization faster and easier; things don't have to be harder to be labeled "professional," right? To me, any thing that makes it easier to do the creative end of a project is what is most important.. I don't want to have to be a computer geek in order to get what I want done in the easiest way possible. That's why I'm surprised Bridge hasn't incorporated some of the Elements organizer features.