1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2011 9:32 PM by Wil Renczes Branched from an earlier discussion.

Error compiling movie. Disk Full.

criverfilm

Hello, i keep getting an error message from Adobe Encoder CS5.

- Source File: L:\Toshi_2\Front_Angle_01.mpeg

- Output File: J:\Front_Angle_01_1.MXF

- Preset Used: AVC-Intra Class50 1080

- Video: 1440x1080, 29.97 [fps], Progressive

- Audio: 48000 Hz, Stereo, 16 bit

- Bitrate:

- Encoding Time: 00:23:24

9/25/2011 6:53:13 PM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------

Error compiling movie.

Disk Full.

I'm trying to trancode a 11-minute HDV footage to P2 format for editing. The destination Hard drive is a NTFS file system 500gb esata drive with 300gb free. I have successfully done this many times before but this time it gives me the error message. It happens like 5 times now. I have tried to clean the Cache and set the destination to my PC's internal drive, but the result is the same.

Does anyone has the same problem and how to resolve this?

• 1. Re: Media Encoder - "Disk Full" error
          Wil Renczes Adobe Employee

Make sure you're running the latest updates for AME - it could have been addressed in one of the patches.  Beyond that, that Disk Full error can be misleading - there are times that's displayed when it's just an encoding failure.  It could actually be something as misleading as an error decoding some part of the mpeg - I'd try loading the .mpeg into PPro and try playing through the entire file - check to see whether or not you get any errors down on the status bar (bottom right, a stop sign will show up) - if there's an error generating the mpeg index file or errors in the stream, that's where they'll pop up.