2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2011 7:45 AM by OhComeOnAlreadyForFsSake

Copy Page Spread with Java

OhComeOnAlreadyForFsSake

Hi,

I can easily copy a spread in the GUI of indesign but I can't seem to find this functionality in the server edition's API. Has any one tried to do this? Is it even possible to duplicate pages?

Thanks in advance!

Greets,

Glenn

• 1. Re: Copy Page Spread with Java
          OhComeOnAlreadyForFsSake Level 1

Ok, I might have a solution for this even though it isn't very 'clean'. So I started out with creating a master with some fields that needed to be filled in per contact. But when I apply this master to each page, it creates the right amount of pages but the problem is that all the fields are filled in with last contacts details. Which makes sense because it's the same master. So my solutions is to duplicate the master, fill in the details and than apply it to the page. This allows me to create a master per page (as in not very 'clean'). But at least I have a workaround.

I already found a way to duplicate a Page object, but I can't seem to find a way to add that Page to a new Document. Is this even possible?

Thanks and as always 'Hav nice day' ;-)

Greetz,

Glenn

• 2. Re: Copy Page Spread with Java
            OhComeOnAlreadyForFsSake Level 1

Forget what I said about the masters, it doesn't make any sense and it's overkill.

Just call a the pages duplicate method and voila you're there. I was to focussed on adding it explicitly to the document while the duplicate method does just that.

so

page.duplicate(OptArg.makeLocationOptionsEnum(kLocationOptionsAtEnd.value), OptArg.noVariableType());

will add an extra page at the end of the document.