2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2011 12:21 PM by Larry G. Schneider

Editing a PDF hyperlink

Larry G. Schneider Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have a 4 page InDesign document in CS5.5 which I export as a Tagged PDF. It contains hyperlinks generated from a Character style named hyperlink. One of the hyperlinks continually contains both the period at the end of the sentence and the first work of the next line. When opening the PDF, the link adds the word from the next line and generates an error. It persists despite everything I do.

• I have done the following: Redone the link by redoing the Paragraph and Character styles multiple times
      • Replaced the text from another file with the same text and formatting (which work)
      • Exported with the Create Tagged Text box checked and unchecked (creates an error because the link is shortened)
      • Moved the pages to a new file

Any other suggestions? Here's a view of the problem.

Screen shot 2011-09-27 at 10.36.37 AM.png

Message was edited by: Larry G. Schneider

• 1. Re: Editing a PDF hyperlink
          [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

What does the link look like in the hyperlink panel? (I.e., regardless of how you created it, the hyperlink panel ought to reflect the actual link that gets sent out to PDF.)

Is your Acrobat set up to automatically recognize URLs? (I dunno, perhaps you forgot to accurately export your hyperlinks and are just observing the result of Acrobat's stupid default behavior.)

• 2. Re: Editing a PDF hyperlink
            Larry G. Schneider Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Thanks, Jongware. It's a problem with Acrobat creating the hyperlinks incorrectly from the URLs. If I export as an Interactive PDF then the right link is created but if I export as a Print PDF, then it gets shown as above.