1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2011 10:17 PM by Joe ... Ward

issues with drag and drop/file browse functionality in air file uploader

madhooper Level 1

Use Case: User can drag and drop a file into a datagrid or browse to the file and add it to the datagrid before uploading files to the server.

The file browse functionality works fine. I put all the selected files in to an array and display them in a datagrid.

Issue: I'm need to allow the user to also drag and drop a file into the datagrid from the file desktop and add that file to the upload que/datagrid.

// Called to add file(s) for upload

private function addFiles():void {

_refAddFiles = new FileReferenceList();

_refAddFiles.addEventListener(Event.SELECT, onSelectFile);

_refAddFiles.browse();

}

// Called when a file is selected via file browser

private function onSelectFile(event:Event):void {

var arrFoundList:Array = new Array();

// Get list of files from fileList, make list of files already on upload list

for (var i:Number = 0; i < _arrUploadFiles.length; i++) {

for (var j:Number = 0; j < _refAddFiles.fileList.length; j++) {

if (_arrUploadFiles[i].name == _refAddFiles.fileList[j].name) {

arrFoundList.push(_refAddFiles.fileList[j].name);

_refAddFiles.fileList.splice(j, 1);

j--;

}

}

}

if (_refAddFiles.fileList.length >= 1) {

for (var k:Number = 0; k < _refAddFiles.fileList.length; k++) {

_arrUploadFiles.push({

name:_refAddFiles.fileList[k].name,

size:formatFileSize(_refAddFiles.fileList[k].size),

file:_refAddFiles.fileList[k]});

}

listFiles.dataProvider = _arrUploadFiles;

tile.dataProvider = _arrUploadFiles;

listFiles.selectedIndex = _arrUploadFiles.length - 1;

}

if (arrFoundList.length >= 1) {

Alert.show("The file(s): \n\n• " + arrFoundList.join("\n• ") + "\n\n...are already on the upload list. Please change the filename(s) or pick a different file.", "File(s) already on list");

}

updateProgBar();

scrollFiles();

uploadCheck();

}

Bad/Broken Code--------------------------- Called when user attempts to drop file into the datagrid.

private function onDragEnter( event:NativeDragEvent ) :void

{

DragManager.acceptDragDrop(this);

}

private function onDragDrop( event:NativeDragEvent ) :void

{

NativeDragManager.dropAction = NativeDragActions.COPY;

var draggedfiles:Array = event.clipboard.hasFormat(flash.desktop.ClipboardFormats.FILE_LIST_FORMAT) as Array;

NativeDragManager.acceptDragDrop(InteractiveObject(event.currentTarget));

for each (var f:File in draggedfiles)

{

//addFile( FileReference( f ) );

_arrUploadFiles.push( f );

}

}

What am I missing? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.