5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2011 9:02 AM by danthonia

Comment Icons do not reduce in size with zoom function.

danthonia

Since the recent update to Adobe X version 10.1.1.33,the comment icons like the post it notes do not reduce in size as they did before. Their size makes documents like schematics, which I make many notes on, very cluttered looking when viewing the whole page when the zoom is reduced to normal or below normal size.  I know the comments can be turned off but the action required seems lenghty and inconvenient.  

Why did the new update change this otherwise great function of adding notes to documents?  I can find no way in the comment preferences to reduce the size of the post it notes(or any other comment icon) when reducing the size of the image 

Perhaps a new update could include this preference again which was before automatic?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Comment Icons do not reduce in size with zoom function.
          AbhigyanModi Adobe Employee

I am not able to see any difference in either the behaviour of either the size of icon of post-it comment or the pop-up when I compare with previous versions.

- when I zoom in/out, the size of post-it icon reduces/increases

- size of an open pop-up from the post-it remains same regardless of the zoom level.

I tried this on Windows. Which operating system are you on? Can you post some screenshots to illustrate the problem?

• 2. Re: Comment Icons do not reduce in size with zoom function.
            danthonia Level 1

Thanks Abhigyan for your reply.

I am using XP and Windows 7 .  As I said before this seemed to happen after the latest Adobe update. 

Because of proprietary  reasons I cannot post an image of the entire schematic, but I did try to do this with an Adobe snapshot of just part of the zoomed out image and pasted it to Windows Paint and noticed that the icons there were reduced as before.  

However if I do a screenshot using shift print screen and paste the entire zoomed out PDF schematic image to Paint the icons are not reduced!

Is this something in Windows I need to change?

• 3. Re: Comment Icons do not reduce in size with zoom function.
              danthonia Level 1

By the way the open pop-up note boxes do not change in size for me either when I zoom in or out.

Thanks again for any suggestions

• 4. Re: Comment Icons do not reduce in size with zoom function.
                AbhigyanModi Adobe Employee

mmm... as I said earlier, it works fine on my latest Acrobat and I tried Reader as well.

I was wondering if  this something specific to your schmatics. If you have any another document, is the problem visible there as well?

• 5. Re: Comment Icons do not reduce in size with zoom function.
                  danthonia Level 1

It does it on a regular PDF document also. 

Nobody else has replied yet, so I guess it is something unique to my two laptops, but I have not changed anything on both other than the other laptop was upgraded from Vista to 7 just before this(it was ok though before the Adobe upgrade) but the XP is the same other than the usual Windows updates due to security issues.   There has to be some logical reason, but for now I guess it is just one of those mysterious software issues that remains unanswered.  At least it is still operable. I can adapt.

Thanks for the help.