2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2011 9:21 PM by Cris is Bliss

controling effects via audio keyframes

Cris is Bliss Level 1

I was looking for some insite to the difference between AE for making keyframes from audio and Borix Continuum Beat Reactor and Trapcode Soundkeys.  I see that the two plugins give more precision choosing audio frequency.  They both appear to be a step up from AE's.  But does either plugin have any more parameters or uses than the other.  If anyone has used both I love to know what you think.

Thanks in Advance Cris

using cs4 on a mac

• 1. Re: controling effects via audio keyframes
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I really like Sound Keys. I'd suggest that you download demo's of both. They both have 3 ranges. They both generate keyframes. They both allow you to set custom ranges. I think that there may be one option in Trapcode Sound Keys that is not available in Beat Reactor but I haven't used the latest build of Beat Reactor so I'm not sure and I can't remember which one it was.

Both do a fine job. Both make tying effects to audio easier because you don't have to interpret the generated keyframes inside the expression and you can pick the frequency range of the sample.

• 2. Re: controling effects via audio keyframes
            Cris is Bliss Level 1

I guess that is the best thing to do is download try them both.  especially since Trapcode is almost 2x the price of Beat Reactor.